Saturday, December 1, 2007

Fray (Book #118)

I finally got around to reading Fray (2003), Joss Whedon's graphic novel featuring a vampire slayer in a dystopic future world. And, wow, it's good. It's got something of the sensibilities of both Buffy and Firefly...and Whedon is just such an amazing storyteller that I don't know how I'm going to work on the alternate history tonight after finishing this. I just can't bring the action and the angst and all-around coolness on anything like the same level. Sigh.

Oh, and I finally think I'm getting the hang of graphic novels--I didn't blow through this one in no time flat and then wonder what the big deal was. I guess I'm learning to think visually and verbally at the same time, or something. I even found myself imagining my WIP as a graphic novel, like which images would make for the most dramatic illustrations. You know, if I could only tell stories a bit more like Joss and all...

No comments: