Monday, March 9, 2009

Whee! My CP sold her book!

I've been sitting on this for nearly two weeks, but now it's all official. The following just appeared on the Publishers Marketplace deals page:

Rose Lerner's IN FOR A PENNY, in which a dashing and feckless Lord enters a marriage of convenience with the lovely and practical daughter of a wealthy merchant in an effort to salvage the family fortune, and they find themselves unprepared for the challenges they face; scandal, revolting tenants, a menacing neighbor and in the end a love that is neither convenient nor practical but entirely heartfelt and enduring, to Leah Hultenschmidt at Dorchester, for publication in Spring 2010, by Kevan Lyon at Marsal Lyon Literary Agency (World).

Rose, who is one of my critique partners, writes some of the most intelligent, witty, and thoughtful Regency romances I've ever read. While she very much has her own voice, her writing has shades of Loretta Chase and even Georgette Heyer, and I recommend her book without hesitation to fans of the genre. (And will come back and do so again as soon as her book is available for preorder on Amazon!)

In this economy, I'm always excited to hear about a debut non-celebrity author selling a book even when it's something I have no interest in reading myself, just because it's proof that publishers are still buying and the industry isn't wholly dead. But to have a good friend of mine sell a book that I can personally attest is wonderful? That's just SO FRICKIN' AWESOME!

No comments: