Friday, December 8, 2006

Mistletoe Kisses (Book #102)

Mistletoe Kisses is this year's Regency Christmas anthology from Harlequin Historicals, featuring novellas by Elizabeth Rolls, Deborah Hale, and Diane Gaston. All three stories are quick reads, very well suited to the busy holiday season, and all have a certain wistful quality. While I enjoyed the whole anthology, I thought Gaston's entry was especially good. My usual problem with short stories and novellas is that I don't have time to care about the characters before the story is over, and IMO she did a wonderful job bringing her protagonists to life and making me root for them quickly.

If you're interested in this book, buy it soon. It was a November release, and Harlequin Historicals don't have a long shelf life. As of today, it's available online through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and eHarlequin.

2 comments:

Diane Gaston said...

Susan!
Thank you for such nice words about "A Twelfth Night Tale" in Mistletoe Kisses. There is no higher compliment than saying I've made you care about my characters!
Cheers!
Diane

Susanna Fraser said...

You're welcome, Diane!