Saturday, February 9, 2008

VeggieTales, Day 3

As planned, I took Friday off from my meatless Lent. Mmm...bacon. Mmm...potstickers. NOM NOM NOM...

Anyway, today I was back on the wagon, and for the first time it was a bit of a challenge, mostly because it was such a hectic day and we didn't have a lot of options. Frankly, I was tempted to bag it and go by Jack in the Box for a chicken sandwich, but I stuck it out and am glad I did.

Today our afternoon was eaten up by the Democratic caucus and a birthday party for one of my daughter's preschool classmates. We hadn't had time to plan our meals for the next week and do our big grocery run yet, so last night I'd bought a frozen cheese pizza so we'd have something for lunch.

No more cheese pizzas for me. The cheese was just too heavy and strong, overwhelming the sauce, and it needed some onions, garlic, peppers, SOMETHING, to balance it out. Also, apparently all that cheese was too much for my Lactaid to manage, because I ended up with stomach cramps just before the caucus started.

After we finally got home, I did our grocery shopping, not saving as much money as I'd hoped by not buying meat. My husband made breakfast for dinner--scrambled eggs and waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. Yummy. And I need to put the beans for tomorrow's dinner on to soak before I go to sleep...

No comments: